NYCHA Astoria Houses
Posted on June 19, 2014
Client: Astoria Houses
Project Type: NYCHA Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Construction Management Services in Connection with the Hurricane Sandy Recovery Program
Project Period: September 2014 – September 2016
Project Cost: Program Value: $4 Billion, Construction Value: $100 Million
- Attend meetings with NYCHA, Architect/Engineer, and Program Manager
- CPM Scheduling
- Environmental Hazardous Sampling
- Constructability and value engineering review
- Construction Quality Management Plan
- Construction Administration and Management
- Construction Management Information System
- Quality Control and Testing
- Resident Engineering Inspection
- Assist in obtaining Certificate ofOccupancy
- Complete construction closeout
- As-built drawings
- Prepare final report
- Section 3 Management
The Astoria Houses consists of 22 buildings, 6 and 7-stories high located in Long Island City, NY. This Queens development has 1,102 apartments that are home to some 3,135 people. As a result of Hurricane Sandy, the Astoria Houses Development sustained damage in a total of 22 out of 23 Buildings (Buildings #1 thru 13 and 15 thru 23), including power loss and flooding.
Under this project, the Astoria Houses will receive Category II repairs which include repairs and storm hardening of the buildings. Each of the buildings will receive a rooftop generator that will be used to power the buildings in the event of a black-out or brown-out. Additionally, buildings that experienced flooding and are below the flood elevation will receive flood barriers and flood repairs. D&B has been selected to provide construction management services for this development as part of D&B’s on-call Sandy Repair CM contract.
For more information about this service, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.