Suffolk County Department of Public Works, Expansion of Secondary Treatment Facilities
Posted on September 3, 2014
Client: Suffolk County Department of Public Works
Location: Bergen Point Wastewater Treatment Plant
Project Period: 1994 - 1996
Project Cost: $7,000,000
- Planning/Design Report
- 2-140 ft diameter Final Clarifiers
- Reinforced Concrete Metering Structure
- Flow Distribution Structures ( Weir Boxes )
- Influent Distribution Chamber
- Scum Pumping Facility
- 42″/48″ Dia. Distribution Piping
- Aeration and Spray Water Systems
- Site Dewatering
- Maintenance of Plant Operation (MOPO)
- Operation and Maintenance Manual (O&M)
- Power Distribution/Instrumentation & Control
- SCADA System Interconnection
- Site Restoration
The project involved the expansion of the Secondary Treatment Facilities at the 30 MGD Bergen Point Wastewater Treatment Plant. New facilities included two 140’ diameter final clarifiers designed for 9.3 MGD each, scum lift station, clarifier influent distribution structures, flow metering chamber and auxiliary systems. The expansion project was funded by the New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation (EFC) since the expansion was necessitated by the inclusion of state owned facilities.
D&B Project Responsibilities
D&B’s responsibilities included project planning, environmental assessments, permitting, soils analysis, design plans & specifications, bidding services and construction management services.
For more information about this service, email us at email@example.com.