Project Management Services Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO), Design Phase for City of Camden and Gloucester City
Posted on August 25, 2014
Client: Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority
Location: Camden City and Gloucester City, NJ
Project Period: December 2004- 2011
Project Cost: $10,000,000
- CSO Project Management
- Value Engineering
- Design Standards
The Camden County Municipal Utilities Authority (CCMUA) contracted D&B Engineers and Architects, P.C. to provide Project Management Services during the design of improvements to Camden City and Gloucester City’s Combined Sewer Overflow Systems. D&B is assisting the CCMUA in managing and scheduling the design of flotables removal facilities on the CSO systems involving the cities of Camden and Gloucester. The project is broken into three contract areas with three design consultants. Coordination between the two cities, CCMUA, the NJDEP, the State Infrastructure Trust and the designers is the key part of the project management services.
D&B Project Responsiblities
At the request of CCMUA, D&B performed various tasks such as:
- Project Coordination – Assistance to CCMUA in meeting all requirements of an Administrative Consent Order. Development of a project schedule which included critical milestone dates and performance requirements was key. Assist CCMUA in setting up progress meetings and in teleconference calls throughout the design.
- Review of NJDEP Approved Plan – Conduct review of approved plan and provide and coordinate comments.
- Design Standards – Review of all design criteria for uniformity where possible to meet objectives of all concerned for capital and O&M costs.
- Site Access – Assist CCMUA in obtaining access for designers on private properties and into public sewer systems.
- Information Gathering – Assist CCMUA and designers in obtaining design information necessary.
- Value Engineering – Conducted value engineering sessions with each designer on the 25% and 60% design documents. Preparation of value engineering reports and follow up on completion of 100 % contract documents.
- Continuous Monitoring of Project Schedule – Assist CCMUA to meet deadlines and to advise where effort is needed to complete the project.
- Stage 1B Archaeological Survey – Engage subconsultant and conduct Stage 1B survey on select sites.
- Construction Management – Provide resident engineering/construction oversight on all three contracts.
For more information about this service, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.