Village of Valley Stream Hendrickson Pond Park, Mill Pond Park and Village Green Park Water Quality Improvement Project
Posted on October 19, 2014
Client: Village of Valley Stream
Project Type: Hendrickson Pond Park, Mill Pond Park and Village Green Park Water Quality Improvement Project
- Assessment/removal of invasive aquatic plants
- Dredging 10,000 cubic yards from Mill Pond
- Construction of sediment basins and forebays
- Vegetative and structural stream bank stabilization
- Wetland rehabilitation
- Hydrodynamic separators for outfalls into the stream
- Environmental Quality Review and Permitting
D&B was retained to provide engineering services for the Nassau County Environmental Bond Act Water Quality Improvement Project at Hendrickson Pond Park, Mill Pond Park and Village Green Park for the Village of Valley Stream. The three parks are situated along an approximately 6,500-foot-long segment of the Valley Stream watercourse. This watercourse has been subject
to significant erosion and sedimentation over the years from urban storm water runoff and excessive stream velocities.
Key environmental issues addressed with the owner, permitting agencies and other stakeholders included:
- Nuisance species exclusion
- Establishment of wetland plantings
- Fish migration access to upstream spawning grounds
- Maintenance requirements for Village DPW
- Aesthetics of high traffic areas in the park
In addition to the analysis and engineering design services, D&B was also retained to provide environmental quality review and permitting services to help the Village obtain the required permits and approvals from appropriate regulatory agencies including the required Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
For more information about this service, email us at email@example.com.