D&B/Guarino Engineers, LLC
Established in 1980 and located in Trevose, Pennsylvania, D&B/Guarino Engineers specializes in engineering services for water, wastewater, industrial waste and public works projects. D&B/Guarino’s extensive wastewater treatment and water pollution control design experience also includes operation of wastewater plants during major upgrades.
- Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and sludge management.
- New pumping stations and pumping station upgrades.
- Sewer use ordinances.
- Delineation of sewer districts.
- Planning and design.
- Feasibility studies.
- Training of operations personnel.
- Supervision of operations.
- Water quality management.
- Water supply and treatment.
- Industrial waste treatment.
- Hazardous waste management.
- Environmental remediation.
- Municipal engineering.
- Environmental studies, assessments, impact statements.
- Environmental permitting.
- Construction management.
- Start-up services.
- Operations and maintenance assistance.
- Community Relations/Public Participation.
- Wastewater collection systems
- Pumping stations
- Force mains
- Interceptor sewers
- Trunk sewers
- Combined sewer infiltration and storm water inflow studies
- Treatment of combined sewer flow
D&B/Guarino provides sewage treatment and water pollution control including activated sludge, trickling filter, and rotating biological disc process plants ranging from 25,000 to 200,000,000 gallons per day.
- Storm water
- Industrial waste
- Construction permitting
D&B/Guarino also provides expert testimony and technical support to legal advisors on matters related to Order on Consent activities and other enforcement/litigation matters.
- Public informational meetings
- Project newsletters
- Notices and announcements
- Press releases
- Scheduling of public hearings
The D&B/Guarino Staff:
- Environmental engineers
- Sanitary engineers
- Process engineers
- Civil engineers
- Structural engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Electrical/instrumentation engineers
- Resident construction engineers
- Licensed wastewater treatment plant operators
- Environmental scientists
- Computer scientists, ecologists/biologists
- Quality assurance/quality control specialists
- Health and safety specialists
- Community relations specialists
- Construction inspectors
- CADD operators
D&B Environmental Associates, LLC
D&B Environmental Associates, LLC was founded in 2005 to support a unique initiative to develop meaningful, effective, and practical solutions to improving Puerto Rico’s water quality. The initiative centers on the Río Grande de Loíza and Río La Plata watersheds that supply drinking water to approximately 40% of Puerto Rico’s population.
The Watershed Stewardship Program
This cooperative initiative effort involves all levels of government, the public, and industry:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
- Puerto Rico Department of Health (PRDOH)
- Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board (PREQB)
- Puerto Rico Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (PRDNER)
- Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA)
- Other federal, commonwealth, and municipal governmental agencies
A Stakeholder Involvement Committee is composed of members representing:
- Community groups
- Environmental groups
- Professional associations
Watershed Stewardship Program Improvements:
- Developing a phosphate detergent limitation
- Development of more rigorous control of new septic tank construction, mechanisms for the proper operation and maintenance of septic tanks and cesspools, and proper siting of facilities
- Improved management of wastewater collection system overflows and bypasses, as well as spill response and control
- Livestock manure management and grazing (controlled stream crossings, localized streambank stabilization, etc.)