D&B utilizes Geographic Information System (GIS) technology for the efficient managing, analyzing, communicating and presenting of geographic information to public and private sector clients.
Thoroughly experienced in all facets of GIS design and implementation, including GIS database design, optimization and maintenance, our highly trained and experienced staff utilizes the latest Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc. (ESRI) software, including ArcGIS Version 10.0. Our experience and computing capabilities enable us to fully integrate ArcGIS with other software such as AutoCAD and EQuls to support multifaceted analysis of spatial relationships.
D&B can produce and maintain highly complex, multi-layered databases and maps, and we have extensive experience in digitizing data for incorporation into custom GIS databases. In addition, D&B has utilized Geographic Positioning System (GPS) data to geolocate features such as storm drains, roads and buildings on GIS maps.
D&B’s GIS technology experience includes use on such projects as:
- Zoning and Land Use Assessments
- Sewer Infrastructure Assessments and Optimization
- Water Supply Engineering and Management
- Environmental Remediation and Investigations
- Watershed Management
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Plans
- Topographic and Flood Zone Assessments
- Transit, Traffic and Infrastructure Projects
- Municipal Comprehensive Plans
- Storm Water Management Plans
- Environmental Characterization and Review
- Environmental Assessment and Impact Analysis
- Feasibility Studies
- Frameable/Display Maps
- Geodatabase Management/Development
- Pedestrian Planning Projects
- Historic & Cultural Resource Mapping