The D&B Construction Management Team has an outstanding record of efficiently completing Project Closeouts. This effort includes the organized accumulation of necessary documentation and materials to verify that work has been completed in accordance with Contract Documents, the completion and approval of all required certifications, and confirmation that the facility is providing its originally intended function. D&B’s plan for addressing Project Closeout is implemented at project commencement.
The D&B Team assists in obtaining Certificates of Completion/Occupancy (CO) at the completion of project construction. Key tasks include:
- Monitoring/Logging Contractor Quality Assurance.
- Monitoring schedules and procedures for material testing and sampling.
- Analyzing/Interpreting test results.
- Recommending and monitoring any required remediation, as needed.
- Ensuring that samples are submitted to select testing laboratories.
- Recommending the acceptance or non-acceptance of materials.
- Retaining/forwarding manufacturers installation directions, O&M manuals, materials specifications, certifications, warranties and guarantees for all equipment/facilities placed into operation.
- Monitoring equipment, material, shop, preliminary and final field tests.
- Reviewing proposed field test procedures.
- Preparing punch lists of omissions/deficiencies.
- Recommending acceptance/issuance of certificate of substantial completion.
- Monitoring the shop drawing log of the Design Engineer.
- Verifying that “approved” shop drawings are in place prior to activity commencement.
- Verifying processing of final change orders and cost adjustments.
- Preparing/clarifying final payments.