D&B’s superior DSDC (Design Services During Construction) abilities assist Construction Management staff and clients in the management of construction contracts, and typically result in projects that meet all anticipated budgetary and scheduling objectives.
Design Services During Construction:
- Constructability analyses.
- Review of shop drawings to ensure concepts, intentions and design nuances are properly incorporated.
- Manufacturer and supplier approvals.
- Construction materials approvals.
- Construction site visits and attendance at project meetings.
- Preparation of design-related change orders to augment contract documents to reflect owner-requested modifications, differing site conditions, and federal, state or city regulation changes.
- Cost estimating.
- Change order negotiation.
- Evaluation of contractor-initiated substitutions for compliance with design objectives, technical feasibility and cost implications.
- Interpretation and clarification of contract documents through management of communications and information flow between Design Engineer and contractors.
- Witnessing of shop and field tests to ensure equipment compliance with all specification requirements.
- As-Built Drawings, including revisions of contract drawings and supplementary drawings showing actual construction of all features of the work.