Our electrical engineers and architects have designed energy efficient lighting systems for various facilities including municipal wastewater treatment and water supply facilities, industrial facilities, office environments, parking lots, roadways, swimming pools and parks.
We are knowledgeable with respect to the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) requirements and compliance with energy codes. Additionally, D&B has completed numerous designs utilizing LED fixtures that result in greater electrical efficiency and associated reduced maintenance costs.
D&B also provides construction management services on such projects including construction cost estimates, review of shop drawing submittals and all necessary inspection functions.
- 3D BIM modeling using Revit
- Lighting design in explosion hazard areas
- Emergency lighting
- Development of street lighting maintenance contracts for municipalities
- Field measurement of lighting levels to verify compliance with IES guidelines
- Control strategies – dimming, occupancy sensors, timers, photocells
- Site surveys to verify as-built conditions and to determine power source
- Dark Sky compliance
- Structural foundation design for light poles