Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems provide enhanced, efficient monitoring and control of operation of facilities and remote sites.
D&B’s electrical, instrumentation and process engineers are thoroughly experienced in SCADA system design and construction management, ranging from small municipal water supply systems to wastewater treatment plants with remote pumping stations.
D&B collaborates with clients to tailor systems to specific needs and budgets, including:
- Communications: Fiber optic, cellular, radio, Internet. Radio path studies, including field testing, are undertaken to confirm reliable radio communication, radio hardware and proper antenna mounting heights.
- Hardware & Software Selection: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs); Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs); software and graphical screens; control hierarchy and password protection.
- Redundancy to ensure a reliable system.
- Security & encryption.
- Integration with control and instrumentation devices, electrical power distribution system monitoring, video surveillance & security systems.
Fully Featured SCADA Systems Can Also Provide:
- Remote access through smart phones and tablets
- Remote alarm notification via text message or email
- Storage of historical data
- Generation of reports
D&B SCADA Construction Management Services:
- Review of shop drawing submittals
- Construction inspection
- Startup & commissioning