In our 30+ years of providing remedial services for industry and government, we have successfully remediated a broad range of site conditions and contaminants. Our experience includes the evaluation, design and construction of remedial technologies, and our portfolio includes an extensive list of sites successfully remediated as a direct result of strategies developed by D&B.
D&B works closely with clients when developing remedial strategies and considers many factors including proposed end use of the remediated property, potential impact to human health, the contaminant’s impact on the surrounding environment, and both regulatory and community acceptance. Another important component in the selection of specific remedial technologies for a site is overall energy efficiency and sustainability of the proposed remedy, including the evaluation of:
- Waste Generation: The management of waste associated with the site and the implementation of any waste reduction projects.
- Energy usage: Electrical usage for operation of remedial systems such as site lighting, security systems, etc.
- Emissions: Vapor-phase remedial system emissions, fuel usage for transportation to and from the site for inspections and/or sampling, operation of gas-powered generators, etc.
- Water usage: Identifying sources of decontamination water, irrigation water, etc.
Experience: Valuation, Design, Construction and Operation
D&B’s wide range of remedial design and construction activities include:
- In-situ chemical oxidation
- Groundwater extraction and treatment systems
- Low permeability caps and landfills
- Secure landfill cells
- Phytoremediation systems
- Soil vapor extraction systems
- Air sparging systems
- In-well air stripping systems
- Metals stabilization/fixation
- Sub-slab depressurization systems
- Waste and soil excavation and disposal
- Drum excavation and removal
- DNAPL recovery systems
- LNAPL recovery systems
- Permeable reactive barrier walls
- Zero-valent iron injection
- Deep excavations with sheeting
- Oxygen injection
Construction of the designed remedial system often requires competitive bidding to select a contractor for the construction phase. D&B is fully experienced in the development of:
- Detailed plans and specifications.
- Complete contract documents.
- Pre-award services.
- Technical evaluation of bids.
- Preparation of recommendations for award.
- Review of contractor submittals.
Remedial Construction Management
D&B’s broad spectrum of experience with respect to remedial construction management is discussed in detail in the subsection entitled: “Remedial Construction Inspection Services”.