D&B has successfully completed numerous environmental quality reviews for a wide range of comprehensive planning and construction projects. Our consulting services include planning, coordination and performance of environmental reviews related to the process established in the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and the revised implementing regulations in 6 NYCRR Part 617 (adopted September 20, 1995, effective January 1, 1996).
Consulting Services for Environmental Reviews:
- Preparation of necessary documentation for establishing the appropriate lead agency.
- Completion of Environmental Assessment Forms (EAF) and supporting documentation, and associated determinations of significance (positive or negative declarations).
- All required environmental evaluations necessary to prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statements (DEIS), including:
- Detailed descriptions of the project area environmental baseline
- Potential environmental impacts
- Mitigation measures for unavoidable adverse impacts
- Extensive evaluations of project alternatives
D&B has prepared DEISs for projects valued up to $250,000,000 in construction costs.
D&B has coordinated public review and comment periods (including formal public hearings) which provide opportunities for the public and interested parties to comment on the DEIS. Responses to comments are prepared by D&B and incorporated into the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS).
Extensive Knowledge Base
D&B has extensive knowledge and experience in federal, state, and local environmental regulations and the process for conducting environmental reviews, including environmental assessments associated with the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA).
Extensive Personal Experience
Several D&B Vice Presidents worked with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) during the establishment of environmental quality review regulations and procedures in New York State, and in fact, were instrumental in their implementation.
Extensive Regulatory Experience
D&B has amassed extensive experience working closely with regulatory agencies including:
- Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE).
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), including Regions 1, 2 and 3.
- New York State Department of State (NYSDOS).
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP).
Typical tasks associated with implementing the SEQR process include:
- SEQR Classification and Lead Agency Coordinated Review
- Environmental Assessment of Potential Environmental Impacts.