D&B has successfully assisted its clients in the start-up, management, and expansion of recycling programs serving more than 5 million residents. We strenuously promote recycling through:
- Integrated solid waste management programs through our planning and design services
- Staff participation in recycling organizations in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania
- Appointments to task forces for recommending statewide strategies for the expansion of recycling.
D&B’s waste reduction program designs are tailored to commercial, municipal and residential settings, with targets based upon audits of waste generation practices and composition. Strategies include modifications of purchasing practices, manufacturing processes, identification of reuse opportunities and employee incentive programs.
Key Elements Of Our Recycling Programs
- Identification of actual/estimated quantities of potentially recoverable recyclables
- Evaluation of current municipal, commercial, industrial and private recyclable recovery efforts
- Identification of available and potential markets for recovered recyclables
- Identification of alternative source separation/recyclables recovery programs considered and proposed, e.g., mixed refuse, single stream, dual stream, source separated organics
- Recyclables recovery program implementation details
- Public relations and public education efforts
- Legal/institutional analysis of laws, rules and regulations
- Future actions to enhance recycling rates
D&B has long advocated documentation of the cost-effectiveness of recycling programs. Our comprehensive technical and economic analyses indicate the most efficient options for collection, transportation and marketing of recyclables, as well as opportunities for enhancing participation rates and capturing avoided costs made available via comprehensive, large scale recycling programs.