D&B provides structural design services for transfer station and recycling facility improvements and repairs. The firm has designed and provided construction phase services for major structural reconfiguration of transfer stations including the construction of recessed ramps for trailer loading and the subdivision of facilities into separate areas for transfer station operations and recyclables processing.
D&B has designed building expansions for transfer stations and recycling facilities typically utilizing high strength concrete and anvil topping. Projects have included balers, bale storage and loading dock areas.
D&B has provided design, bidding and construction phase services for municipal and solid waste management clients including:
- Clarkstown NY: 800 Ton Per Day Transfer Station
- Hillburn NY: 250 Ton Per Day Transfer Station
- Town of Brookhaven NY: 300 Ton Per Day Materials Recovery Facility (MRF)
- Mount Kisco NY: 150 Ton Per Day Transfer Station
- Oyster Bay, NY: 460 Ton Per Day Transfer Station
- East Hampton, NY: 100 Ton Per Day Transfer Station
D&B’s transfer station structural improvement designs have addressed major repair and improvements to existing transfer station and scale operations, including:
- Floor slab replacements.
- Pile cap reconstruction.
- Bonded concrete floor toppings.
- Push wall repair and plating.
- Leachate collection system reconstruction.
- Replacement of doors and siding.
- Office and employee facilities.
- Storm water management.