D&B is a leader in the analysis of available options for sludge and residuals processing and disposal, having handled sludge management projects for plants with capacities up to 350 million gallons per day.
D&B’s experienced staff conducts facility reviews and completes an evaluation document outlining potential alternatives. If warranted by the data, D&B will conduct pilot studies on particular equipment or systems to determine feasibility selection and/or future Operation and Maintenance (O&M) costs.
D&B’s project managers and personnel are experienced in all engineering disciplines required to complete the detailed design of the selected sludge handling and treatment facilities. Our Environmental Permitting Division handles all project aspects from local, state, and national perspectives.
D&B has designed and constructed thickening process systems including:
- Gravity thickeners, centrifuges, and belt filters.
- Dewatering systems including centrifuges, belt filter presses, and plate and frame presses.
- Stabilization processes such as anaerobic and aerobic digestion, chemical stabilization and composting.
- Drying systems consisting of indirect steam dryers, flash dryers, and pelletization in rotary dryers.
- Thermal reduction with multiple hearth furnaces and fluidized bed furnaces.
- Co-combustion with refuse in mass burn furnaces.
D&B also specializes in construction management O&M manuals and associated start-up and training services.