D&B/Guarino Engineers LLC is searching for a qualified entry level engineer to join our water and wastewater division. D&B/Guarino offers flexible hours and a unique environment, particularly well-suited for those wishing to learn, grow, and evolve into well-rounded professionals. Come join a team of other young engineers and seasoned Professional Engineers to become part of a friendly, dynamic, and fast-paced environment where you will gain the experience needed to obtain your Professional Engineering License.
Under the direct supervision of licensed Professional Engineers, Senior Engineers and Project Managers, this candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Performing design, computations, and evaluations associated with wastewater collection and treatment, water supply and distribution, and green planning projects
- Writing reports and specifications, gathering information, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports
- Client interaction and teamwork with other disciplines
- Coordinating permitting efforts with various regulatory agencies for our Pennsylvania and New Jersey clients.
Education and Qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or closely related discipline
- 0 – 3 years of operations experience in the water/wastewater industry a plus.
- Willingness and ability to complete field work which may include sampling and performing measurements at water and wastewater treatment plants, process observation and analysis, conducting pilot studies, conducting sludge studies and quality analysis, evaluating plant performance, and reviewing permit requirements relative to plant performance.
- Willingness to climb elevated structures, descend into excavations, enter confined spaces (below ground vaults or above ground storage tanks) and being in the vicinity of heavy construction equipment and vehicles is a plus
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- FE/EIT and OSHA training is a plus, but not required