D&B Engineers and Architects is hiring a Staff Geologist/Environmental Scientist. This is an exciting opportunity to join our collaborative team of experienced engineers, architects, scientists and other professionals.
D&B offers flexible hours and a unique environment, particularly well-suited for those wishing to learn, grow, and evolve into well-rounded professionals. Come join a team of other passionate, hardworking employees and become part of a friendly, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
This candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Coordination for and implementation of field sampling programs, including HASP implementation.
- Drilling/excavating contractor oversight, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sample collection, monitoring well gauging for NAPL.
- Soil logging/geologic conditions description.
- Boring log, geologic cross section and groundwater flow direction figure development.
- Oversight of construction activities including monitoring well installation and decommissioning, soil excavation, UST investigation/closure, etc.
- CAMP and work zone air monitoring.
- Field activity report writing, monitoring/gauging data input, assistance with the preparation of various summary reports and other documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Sciences or related field. 3-5 years of experience is preferred. Entry level candidates will also be considered.
- Familiarity with soil boring and monitoring well installations.
- Thorough understanding of soil/groundwater/soil vapor sample sampling techniques and analytical methods is required. Experience with the calibration and operation of various field sampling equipment (i.e., Water Quality Meters, PIDs, Multi-Gas Meters). Familiarity with perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) sampling procedures a plus.
- Working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations and industry standards is required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and possess a flexible and cooperative attitude.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is expected.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current OSHA Refresher training.
Monday through Friday
8 Hour shift
- Employer 401 K contributions
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Compensated time off and holiday pay
- Long term disability coverage and life insurance
- Flex spending