NYSAWWA New York’s Water Event is the state’s largest water conference, and D&B was excited to participate in full force during the 3-day event that began on April 12, 2022. It was the first in-person Spring Conference since the advent of the pandemic.
- D&B proudly supported the event as a Gold level sponsor.
- Jennifer Gienau and Joe Baier, both on the Events Committee, assisted in performing the on-site check in and registration for over 800 attendees.
- Anthony Eagan presented a paper as part of the Session on Water Quality titled, “Emergency Treatment at Mineola Well 7.”
- Kurt Dirr presented a paper as part of the Session on Water Distribution and Storage titled, “Intermunicipal Water Infrastructure Grants Program for Water Main Replacements.”
- Kurt Dirr serves on the New York Metro Events Committee and Historical Committee.
- Stephen Laun and Mike Savarese serve on the Program Committee and were moderators during several sessions.
- PJ Connell serves on the Training Coordinating Committee.
- Arnold Palleschi and Mike Savarese serve on the board of the section as Treasurer and Trustee, respectively.
In addition to giving and listening to the informative presentations at the conference, D&B participated in the committee meetings that kick-off the conference.
D&B President Steven A. Fangmann commented, “D&B has a long history of being active in the New York Section of AWWA. This year exemplified our continued commitment to the organization and to New York’s Water Event .”